Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ants

Our first Sunday here we were still figuring out the buses and missed our first bus. We walked to the bus stop where different bus route buses drive by to wait for another one. While we were standing in the sun sweating and waiting I was attacked by ants.

They were smaller than regular ants, like these ones in the Barbados airport.

Here is Barbados from the sky before we landed there.


We were there for quite a few hours playing Pocket Tanks and I-Spy... Toward the end of our stay an Australian girl asked me if I had a phone with email on it because she wanted to get in touch with her sister who was meeting her in Grenada from Trinidad. Someone had told her that people were shot there so she was worried about her sister.

We saw our Australian friend again after we went grocery shopping the next day. Then again the day after that on Grand Anse beach. Her sister is her twin sister! They're off the island now but that was fun to see them a couple times.

Those ants I was attacked by were all over my feet and ankle. They gave me red dots everywhere for some of church but they went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment