Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Week


Monday

Wake up at 6 a.m., oatmeal and mango for breakfast, and catch the 7 o'clock bus.

Tom has histology lab from 8-10 then joins me in the library until 12.


I read or watch netflix or draw... Noon we go buy 4 big mangoes, 5 big starfruit, 6 small bananas and a large avocado for $14 EC (~$5.25USD). We eat lunch with an ocean view.


PB&J and PB&Honey sandwiches and an apple. At 1 Tom has class until 5. I go home, get ready for the pool, put dishes away... Get on a bus back to school, then Lance Aux Epines bus to the University club. Swimming and talking with other SOs (Significant Others). Bus back to campus at 4:45. Meet Tom and get on 5:10 bus home.


We make dinner together. Eat. Tom studies, I clean dishes, sweep, text Sophia and Mom... Break in studying for FHE. We read Eli's letters and listened to a conference talk. Tom studies more. I watch something, shower. 11:30 we're sleeping.





Tuesday

Wake up at 6, 7 bus. Tom makes us breakfast and does those dishes. Lab at 7:40 until 12. I write, read, watch... until 9. I go buy rings and markers and sheets of "white board."

And 30 eggs for $20EC ($7.50USD) and go home. Small eggs this week.

Back on the 11:25 bus and buy Indian food for Tom and I for a good big lunch on this long day. 1:00 Tom has class, I go home... Then to the beach. It was perfect. I got my hair wet and read. When you're still and not moving on the beach all of the crabs come slowly out of their holes then they run around chasing each other and moving dirt out of their holes.



Then I got on the 4:30 bus that's closer to the beach to go back to campus so I didn't have to walk all the way home.  Cows >

5:10 bus home with Tom. Dinner, studying,... bed.



Wednesday

6 up. Tom makes breakfast and sandwiches for lunch and cuts an apple. He's awesome. 7 bus. Work out together. We actually matched in our BYU Idaho shirts. Squats. Then to the Taylor building to study. Read. Lunch at noon. Lecture and home for me at 1. Beach again. Eventful. Very high tide and two guys caught some fish including a barracuda and a small sea turtle. I got in the crazy water and went to talk to one of the guys and touched the beautiful sea turtle. The barracuda had long teeth I wouldn't want to get bitten by. He asked me if I wanted company. I'm fine, just hanging out. The crab holes were all filled in from the high tide so they were close to me. They came out about 3 feet away from me.

When I was laying on my stomach reading a crab touched the bottom of my foot! I moved and turned in time to see him running away. I scared him. I saw marks in the sand too, from where my feet were to the crab. So funny. It was also a really windy day so I got sand in my ears and hair and all over. Back in the water. When I was leaving a wave crashed on my legs and got sand up to my thighs and it was almost impossible trying to get it off. I lost my flip flop and had a mini panic attack. Then it came right back to me. Before I lost my flip flop and was trying to get sand off my legs a guy selling necklaces was behind me and said, "Careful of the sharks." When I told him I didn't have money he said, "When you coming back to the beach baby?" Ha


When I was waiting for the 4:30 bus close to the beach a city bus driver started talking to me even with passengers. "I can take you to the countryside. I'll treat you right and feed you good food." He started listing food... Pork and soup? Pumpkin soup? No thanks. Asked for my number too. Nope.
Home. Dinner. So tired. Sleep.



Thursday

6 up. 7 out. Work out. Back. Read and finished Surviving Hitler. 12 lunch. 1 home. Pool? No... I need to make something today.

 Notice my tape^





 Pumpkin?^
You know the rest of the day.



Friday

At 6 it was cloudy. Then it started pouring and the lightning was bright and the thunder was very quick behind it. Fun!


We didn't get on the 7 o'clock bus so the rain could slow and went out to get on the 7:30 bus but it never showed.


7:42 and Tom has lab at 8! We got on a city bus. $10 EC if you take us straight to SGU. Ok... They don't usually go all the way over there but it's not that far from their usual path. I think it was worth it for them because we gave them double the normal weekday price. My shoulders got pretty wet under my jacket.


8-10 histology lab while I read. 10-12 Tom joined me to study and I watched things. 12-1 lunch. 1-3 study then Tom had a mock anatomy exam. Home. Dinner: pancakes, eggs, and banana. Study/sweep, clean, create. It was cloudy all day and I loved it!





Saturday

We slept in unti 7! Tom studied and I did a load of laundry and cleaned.. always cleaning to do. 10:05 bus. Tom had a group study from 11-12 and 12-1. 1:10 bus to IGA for grocery shopping. 1:30 bus back to campus and 2:05 bus home. Time to hang out at home studying, cleaning.
Dirty walls...

Dinner. Day over.



Sunday

Another cloudy day. Walked down at 9:30 to catch a local bus. Not many since it was raining. $6EC for the bus on Sundays for the two of us. On the bus, the driver and his money man were having a disagreement. The money man was concerned about how much everyone talks about Jesus and how He is the way to the Creator. He said he prays to the Creator and doesn't think we should put Jesus before God. Son before Father like he thinks people do. The driver disagreed. We told them what we thought about how we do get to Heavenly Father through Jesus but they are one in purpose and so one is not more important than the other.
During Sunday school it started raining so hard that we could hardly hear each other talking. It was awesome. Tessa and Zach gave us a ride home with our neighbors. Very nice.
We got a tiny gecko in our home when we opened our door to stand outside for a while. So cute.


Stir fry for dinner. Yum.





Now

That was a week for us and each day brings new adventures like today:


Or yesterday:

This little lizard flew onto my back and I thought it was a bee. It ran around me and when I finally hit it off I think I scared it. That's why it didn't move when a bird came over and ate it. :( My mouth was hanging open for that one.

Check out this stick bug like the bug from A Bug's Life. I think he's missing a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment