Today I didn't know if Tom would grab the car and pick me up or if I would be grabbing the car and picking him up when we were done on campus.
My phone died during class so I couldn't call and ask him.
When I got out of class from the Ricks building I didn't see the car waiting so I walked to the car which was over by the Health Center. No Tom. And then I remembered that we have a phone charger in the car. Oh good. I sat in the hot car for a while with my window down trying to plug my phone in. Then I looked up to see the girl that sits by me in my family foundations class (Sylvia?) coming to my window all smiley saying hi.
For a second I was thinking how do I know you again? Not too social am I.
She asked if I needed to be somewhere soon and I told her that I was just trying to find my husband. She asked if I could take her to the temple because she was trying to make the 4:30 session and it was 4:20 and she wouldn't make it if she walked the rest of the way. Of course I said of course.
Tom could wait, wherever he was.
She had announced in class that she was called to serve her mission in Honduras and had just been through the temple on Friday down in Salt Lake for her first time. She had already gone once since that and was trying to go as much as she could before she left.
I told her she was awesome.
Isn't it great when service opportunities come to you?
Service for the week. Check.
One time when Tom and I were driving down
the temple hill towards home it was super windy and super cold and snowing
so it was practically blizzard weather and had been all morning. On our
way down we saw a girl
in a skirt
walking downhill
probably with wet hair.
Crazy
lady. We stopped and gave her a ride to her apartment that was still a
fairly long walk away. She got up all early that morning to walk uphill
to go do baptisms for the dead in the crazy crazy cold and windy weather.
I told her she was awesome.
All photos taken by Thomas Barrett.

No comments:
Post a Comment