Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

The night before last I had a dream that Eli kneed me in my leg. Weird. And so I kneed him back harder. That's when I woke up and realized that it was Tom's knee or something that had touched me and I had just kneed him back. Hard. :/ He didn't remember in the morning. But this morning Tom told me I was kicking him last night.. hmm. I think I remember kicking him actually. If you want to call it that.

I also had a dream with Laney Mota in it. Which is pretty weird because we weren't close friends or anything. In fact I was better friends with her little brother Rhett. In my dream she was sitting at a bench and I came over and said, "Hey Laney." I had a bag of almonds and I was munching and talking to Laney. I don't know what that was about though..


So on Friday we were in Jackson!
This is what my hair looked like. I braided it wet the night before and was too lazy to take them out.  I show you my hair because when we went into Wild Hands, a lady working there starred at me for a while and said to her coworker, "It's getting windy out." Tom said that she did look out the window first.
 
 
Tom and I. With my good side:
 I do have a good side and a bad side. Good side:
 Long side:
 Best side!: How cute is he?!
 One of the first places we went was a gallery that shows off different artists' art. There must be a different artist in there every time we go. Tom loved these.
 I took some pictures with my phone but I don't know how to put them on my computer. He had a plane with yellow butterflies on and following it too. He uses aluminum from mostly beer cans that he finds on the streets of New York and burns them or paints them. It was really fun to see. His name is Paul Villinski.

In that same gallery there was jewelry. From 10 different artists. But one caught my eye. Weird, I know.
 This one and I think most of her work is rose gold but not too pink with an Ethiopian opal and diamonds.

Her gold looks like it's almost dripping on the rocks. I love it.
 I think the first ring in this lower picture was in the gallery. I should have tried it on because I love it. The last one I really like too.
She does more than just rings but I like the rings the most. Her name is Lucifer Vir Honestus and her company's name is Luna.

 Then of course we went to Thomas D. Mangelsen's gallery. Tom loves him. His photos are great because they're so clear but he's so far from these animals with his huge camera. I LOVE these elephants!! The first two photos are my favorite. He had them in the perfect frame too. Perfect.


We went in the RARE Gallery almost last. It has random art and sculptures in it. The owner's two daughters were in there so they were talking to us. Mostly the oldest one was asking where we were from and then telling us she's been to the Rexburg Rapids and the park with the water 'playground' in it and mini golfing in Rexburg. As we were leaving the young one spoke up and asked us if we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Tom said, "No, we're husband and wife." And she said, "Oh! So you have kids!" Nope. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment