Tuesday, September 11, 2012

On Names



I know I speak quietly. But I also know that these people hear me say my name. So that can't be it. They hear me say everything else. Sheesh. I now have a teacher - a teacher that I have for two of my class mind you - calling me Lillian. No offense Grandma Lial but I really don't like being called Lillian. Every single time I have to tell someone my name I say it more than once. In the case of my teacher, he didn't listen for the second time. So it was like on a movie when I corrected him because my "a" dragged on when I realized that he had moved on. And my name became "Liliaaaaokay." I've had a couple people today think I was saying "Alea"?? Maybe I'm a mumbler. Mumbler! Just with my name though? I need to practice.

In my World Religions class I recognized someone (two people actually) but I didn't think about it much and whatever. For this class the teacher called our names then asked us where we are from and made small talk with some students. Towards the end of his list he called the name "Prometheus."
TEACHER: That's an interesting name.
STUDENT: It's a game I play. I change my name for every new semester.
TEACHER: Oh. So what is your real name?
STUDENT: The name my mom calls me?
TEACHER: Yes.
STUDENT: Remington
And the name made me remember that I met him in the gym.Weird.

The other person that I ever so slightly recognized recognized me too. After class he said, "Hey! I thought you'd be long gone by now." ... Who are you? I don't even think your name is in my subconscious. Who are you again? I don't think we even spoke much back when our paths crossed and your face was put into memory. "Hey! Ya I'm still here. Almost done..." Maybe he was Hannah's friend and thought I was Hannah? But I have no clues for you Hannah to remotely figure out who he is. Oh vell.



By the way and since it's September 11th there were a ton of flags in one area on campus. A ton.
 You can kind of see them here. It was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment